From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Ryurick Marius Hristev
Sent: Wed 09/08/2006 20:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Troubles linking: Linux (SUSE 9.3)on
Itanium(ia64, Altix)

Thanks to all who replied :-)

Yes you were right the -devel package was missing.

Either I am dumb :-) or what ? AFAIK, usually when a *-devel is missing
the compilation fails at the configure stage so I was confused. Lesson
learned. :-)

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 22:38 -0700, Bernard Li wrote:

[...]

> BTW, there are some ia64 RPMs available for 3.0.3 here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43021&package_id=35280

> If those don't work, then you can try to rebuild the SRPM.

Thanks but they appear to be build for RHE while I have a SuSE toy. I'd
rather not take the risk on a production machine :-) Besides I like
source rpms, it's so easy to compile your own stuff.

Many thanks to all :-)
--
Ryurick M. Hristev -- Systems Administrator (Unix)
University of Queensland -- ITS Dept.