From: Rick Mohr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 20/09/2006 14:49
To: Bernard Li
Cc: ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-developers] Corrupted JPEG images ?!?

I checked the props on one of the images:

svn proplist -v
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/trunk/monitor-core/web/templates/default/images/cluster_0-24.jpg

Properties on
'https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/trunk/monitor-core/web/templates/default/images/cluster_0-24.jpg':
  svn:keywords : Author Date Id Revision
  svn:eol-style : native

These two properties need to be deleted, and the "svn:mime-type" property
should be set with a value of "image/jpeg".  (After replacing the corrupt
image with the "good" one.)  This will cause subversion to treat it as a
binary file.

I got bit by this when I converted all of my cvs repositories to svn.  One
important thing to remember when using cvs2svn is that any binary files in the
cvs repository should be marked as binary.  This will cause the script to set
the mime-type for those files to "application/octet-stream", and svn will
treat them as binary file.  If you want more accurate mime-types and/or eol
values set, there are some useful options for cvs2svn:

--mime-types=<file>  (Use list of mime types in <file> to determine type)

--eol-from-mime-type  (Tries to set svn:eol-style property value based on
mime-type)

--no-default-eol  (Will prevent svn:eol-style property from being set on any
file)

Also, in your ~/.subversion/config file, you can add a [auto-props] section.
This can be used to force certain properties to be set based on file
extensions.  (I had to use this when importing PDF files because subversion
always thought they were text...)

Hope that helps.

--Rick

Rick Mohr