Hi Timothy:

On 7/16/07, Witham, Timothy D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) with javascript, the to/from auto-clears when you set "last" to
> something else like "hour".  You mean without javascript?  Maybe a
> hidden field could record the previous value of the "last" menu and if
> it changed from custom, then that would cause the php to erase and
> ignore the cs/ce.

I was just thinking of a simple "Clear" button which clears the form.

> 2) With javascript, the calendar can have some intelligence like this; I
> could try some experiments.  Without javascript, the php would need to
> return an error page after posting.  Currently you just get broken
> images since the rrdtool breaks, but that might clue you to go back and
> retry.  :-)

It would be good if we can have this intelligence built-in -- error
checking is always good :-)

> 3) What additional text?  The graphs should now say "last custom".

I meant the "or from ... to ..." text -- right now it doesn't always
align properly (eg. the host view page) -- would be good to fix the
formatting just a tad.

> Another hack I do is to strip all the width and height tags from the
> images in the php code so that the browser can display the images their
> actual size.  Often the tags are off a few pixels which forces the
> images to be scaled and makes some of the text blurry.

Yes, this is fixed in the 3.0.x branch and will be included in 3.0.5
when it comes out -- please test it out and let me know if this solves
the issue for you.

If there are enough interest, I could generate an updated tarball and
build the RPMs.

> 4) someone else answered.  :-)  Yeah, just have folks download it I
> guess.  The php should probably be smarter to look for it and use it
> only if it is there; that would be ideal.

Doesn't it already do that?  I mean I tried it with/without the
calendar feature and both scenarios seemed to work fine.  If the patch
is incomplete, please feel free to send updated versions to this
thread (or you can file a bug report in bugzilla.ganglia.info).

Thanks,