Yes and no.  Both gmond and gmeta have always depended on the functionality
that is provided by libganglia.  The difference is that before libganglia was
being statically linked into both gmond and gmetad.  Now that libganglia is
dynamically linked, it needs to be delivered with both RPMs.  So I guess the
new part in trunk is that libganglia is now a dynamic library rather than a
static library.  Libganglia.so must be included in the gmond, gmeta and
ganglia-devel packages.  However, the headers, libganglia.a and libganglia.la
are only part of the ganglia-devel package.  The spec file should already be
building the packages accordingly.

Brad

>>> On 7/17/2007 at 10:47 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"