I could be confused about the way gmond should be working. Does gmond only
keep information about itself in multicast mode?  That is, if I use unicast
mode, do I have to specifically configure a udp_send_channel to match the
udp_recv_channel on that same machine?  I did just that and it fixed the
problem with the Windows gmond, and since I use multicast on my Linux
clusters I may just be confused and it's really working fine.

This is the relevant section of my config:

udp_send_channel {
  host = 10.200.28.50
  port = 8649
  ttl = 1