I would like to add one more item to the wishlist.

A while back, I posted this email to ganglia-general regarding Ganglia
federation:

Basically, the issue is, if you have multiple clusters (gmetad) that
you want to aggregate via a 'super' gmetad, all the fine-grain XML
data of the entire cluster is being sent to the 'super' gmetad from
each gmetad.

In my opinion this is wasted bandwidth, because when you click through
the cluster's gmetad, you will be re-directed to that cluster's web
monitoring page (from the 'super' gmetad's web monitoring page), so
all you really need are the SUMMARY data, but not everything.

I guess if all your clusters are local -- this isn't an issue.  But if
your clusters are in geographically disperse locations, and bandwidth
costs is an issue, addressing this situation will be beneficial, not
to mention more efficient.

Would someone be able to acknowledge that this is an issue and figure
out together how we can get around it?  If possible I would like to
see this addressed in the upcoming 3.1.0 release.

Thanks,

Bernard