guys-

i was just contacted by CERN about a cross-scripting vulnerability they
found in our web front-end.  i've just checked into subversion a quick fix
to one known problem presented to me.

we need to systematically review all our template variable assignments to
make sure they are not vulnerable.  is there someone on the team who would
like to step up to take the lead on this?  i'd like to prevent publicly
explaining the vulnerability but instead send details to one or a few
interested developers.

if the team thinks it's better to send all the details to the entire list,
i'd be happy to do that too.  my main concern is that we attend to this
issue quickly and alert our users of the issue/fixes.

happy holidays?   :)
-matt