Hi Aroop:

On 12/17/07, Aroop Maliakkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile ganglia-3.1.0.200711271612 in a RHEL-4 x86_64 machine
> and i'm getting the error given below.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... no
>
> Checking for apr
> checking for apr-1-config... /usr/bin/apr-1-config
> checking for apr_socket_send in -lapr-1... no
> libapr not found
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> First i was getting error for apr-1-config not found. Then i created a link
> "lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 19 Dec 17 11:57 /usr/bin/apr-1-config ->
> /usr/bin/apr-config" to /usr/bin/apr-config and now i got a new error.
>
> Apr packahes installed on the server :-
>

> apr-0.9.4-24.5             ==========================>
> /usr/lib64/libapr-0.so.0
>

>      /usr/lib64/libapr- 0.so.0.9.4
>

>      /usr/share/doc/apr-0.9.4
>

>      /usr/share/doc/apr- 0.9.4/CHANGES
>

>      /usr/share/doc/apr-0.9.4/LICENSE
>
> apr-devel-0.9.4-24.5
> apr-util-0.9.4-21
> apr-util-devel-0.9.4-21

Let's discuss this in the ganglia-developers list since this is
regarding a development version of Ganglia.  If you are not yet
subscribed, please do so otherwise you won't be able to post a
response to the list.

Ganglia 3.1.0 will require apr 1 (i.e. version 1+) inorder to work.
Previous versions are not supported.  This version of apr is not
provided by standard RHEL4, however all is not lost.

All you need to do is download the SRPM of apr from a recent version
of Fedora (say 8), which should be version > 1.  Rebuild it on RHEL4
then install that (apr-devel) -- (apr 0.x and 1.x can co-exist on the
same box).  You'll also need to build libconfuse as well.

Please let us know if you run into further problems, and thanks for
trying out our development version!

Cheers,