Bernard,

  We've been seeing this for some time, the oldest record from April 2007, so I
don't think it's related to the xss patches.  The actual error message is being
thrown by libart.  I can reproduce it by asking rrdtool to graph 'a lot' of
data on one graph.

It does seem benign, as you mentioned.  If you log all of the ganglia rrdtool
calls it should be easy enough to track down which one is throwing that - it
might help to get a bug report together for rrdtool/libart.

Gil