On Feb 11, 2008 5:23 PM, Bernard Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jesse:
>
> On 2/11/08, Jesse Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Depends. There are cases where we need to distinguish between floats
> > and integers.  For example, the start time for graphs should be
> > integers (only), while other things can be either floats or ints (the
> > 'vl' URL parameter,for example).
>
> Okay, in that case I would prefer that the revised patch contains two
> functions: clean_float() and clean_int(), and that they are used
> accordingly.

There are two issues here:  the immediate problem with clean_float not
working correctly, and a more general input validiation problem.

I'd suggest applying the current patch we have to fix the first one,
and then go back and review all of the validation routines, and make
changes accordingly to handle the second.  It'd be good to gather the
checks into one place as well (get_context.php, or even before that?).
 This will be a somewhat broad change, since this logic is scattered
here and there.

--
Jesse Becker
GPG Fingerprint -- BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2