Hi Ulf:

On 2/12/08, Ulf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just look at the latest snapshot and what I see are some new requirements.
> At least libconfuse, which isn' t even avaible on a SLES distribution.

Requirement to build, yes, but not to use.

BTW, if libconfuse is not available from SLES, you should be able to
get the SRPM from openSUSE and use the rebuilt RPM.

> But I' m in doubt that the new gmond will run/compile on AIX and Solaris?
> Tested by someone?

libconfuse, expat, apr links from the OS starting with 3.1.0, so
someone need to provide those in a tarball or something if they are
not readily available in the aforementioned OSes -- most of the
development work is done on Linuxes.

> What is about the gmond compatibility between 3.0.x and 3.1.x?

They will be incompatible.

Cheers,