>>> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at  9:13 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Matt Ryan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 22:29 -0500, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:

> it
>> >
>> > +1
>>
>> Committed revision 1082
>>
>> > I suggested this a while back too.
>>
>> any pointers to the discussion? why it was never done then?
>
> Maybe Brad will weigh in on this.  My guess is because of the additional
> overhead of including the python wrapper (runtime footprint primarily).
> It really isn't that much AFAIK but it is something.
> Of course that's just a guess.  I still think it is a good proposal.

I am actually good with making python the default.  I thought that the
discussion before was that mod_python and the python modules were going to be
packaged in a separate RPM which was why it was disabled by default.   But if
we want to make it the default, I think that is a great idea.

Brad