On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 02:24:39AM -0700, Martin Knoblauch wrote:

>  There  is a fix in  linux/metrics.c r1029 that  bz#180 . This should go into
> 3.0.8. The fix is relatively nice in trunk, but more ugly in 3.0.x due to the
> code duplication  in the networking metrics. I see two possible ways:
>
> a) we backport only r1029, even if if it is ugly

probably better to minimize the risk, there are other changes as well which
could be cherry-pick into stable independently, like r860, or some that might
need more testing like r1008.

> b) we take the current state of linux/metrics.c minus r1010 /float conversion
> for memory metrics)

this will pull also the fix in r860, but also other potentially destabilizing
patches which are not critical bugfixes, like r986, r1013, r1146, r1161 and
r1162.

Carlo