Greetings,

can anyone running ganglia in AIX, check if README.AIX is still relevant for
ganglia 3.1?

http://ganglia.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ganglia/trunk/monitor-core/README.AIX?view=markup

I suspect there is no way to make xlc work anymore (removing "-Wall" shouldn't
be needed as that is only defined when the compiler is detected to be gcc
since r1164) because most of the modular code is gcc specific for now.

all the other comments about code changes needed or deficiencies look
suspiciously old and might had been already fixed with all the updates that
went into trunk and 3.1 for AIX and I suspect should had been found again in
the last build attempts.

in any case would be nice to have an updated document that can be used for AIX
users so they can get ganglia-3.1 built and running as we are nearing the first
release of the 3.1 branch, so patches/comments/suggestions welcomed.

Carlo