On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:12:43PM -0400, Hushon, Dan wrote:
>    Bernard / Brad et al,

Dan,

sorry for the late reply but your email got delayed because the address you
used wasn't registered as a subscriber from our development list.

>    Have been continuing to leverage Ganglia 3.x (.2 latest) in our
>    benchmarking activities and have build the following python plugin... Just
>    wanted to offer it up for inclusion in the distribution.... It's somewhat
>    linux (2.6) specific at this point, but may benefit the broader community
>    who want to gather specific iostat specifics during their activities.

This looks definitely like a worthy addition to our metric collection and could
be added to our next release (3.1.2 most likely as we are most likely to late
for 3.1.1), at least for now as part of contrib, as the fact that it is a
python plugin (which are not fully enabled for all platforms)  and only
supported in Linux make it difficult to be added as part of the "core",
at least for now.

>    have some new php graphs, but let's start here.

looking forward for that too, please subscribe to the development list though
to easy communication flow.

also, for the easy of managing patches/files, you might want to attach them
(MIME encoded as text/plain) or inline them (if your MUA supports including
files without mangling them, copy and paste is usually bad for that) with
some simple separator like "---"

Carlo