Hi Daniel:

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:09 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can we test this as part of 3.1 on a RHEL5 system?

On my test system I am using Ganglia 3.1.1.

I haven't tested it under RHEL5, but all you need is the rrdtool code
from trunk, install it along with all the dependencies and start up
rrdcached manually.

Perhaps I can put the instructions up in the Ganglia Wiki.

> I did a quick search for rrdcached in Google and it doesn't reveal any
> wiki or man page yet...  I would be particularly interested in knowing
> how to calculate the RAM requirements to do this properly

So far I've found that RES of the rrdcached process to be quite close
to the RES of gmetad (perhaps a few MB more).

The manpage for rrdcached is available here:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/browser/trunk/program/doc/rrdcached.pod

If you do plan to test it out, please let me know if you run into any issues.

Cheers,