Hi Daniel:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Daniel Pocock<dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:

> Or maybe someone can suggest a clever way to handle existing installs?
> However it is done, it would involve scanning all the cluster
> directories, I'm not sure I would want gmetad to do that every time it
> starts.

You can make this conversion part of the post install script for the
package (RPM, deb, etc.) when performing an upgrade of Ganglia --
otherwise output a message saying what needs to be done for this to
work.  It would probably be wise to make a backup first, but could get
hairy if the user has a large RRD directory.

Cheers,