Hi all:

For those of you following Ganglia development closely, you would've
noticed that I have recently created the monitor-web-2.0 branch and
Vladimir and I have been doing some steady commits.

This is basically Vladimir's frontend re-write work which would
eventually be a separate top-level project following its own release
cycle.  The code in question also includes some of Erik Kastner's
initial Graphite integration work.

Here's Vladimir's screencast on new features:

http://vuksan.com/ganglia-ui.html

Currently I'm in the process of making the branch more user-friendly
so that you can try it in your own environment.  Basically what's
missing is a spec file and tools to generate conf.php and version.php.

Since we are only dealing with the frontend, the number of variable
substitutions is very limited so I don't think we need to have the
full blown autotool toolchain in the tree, so I was wondering if
anybody has any suggestions/thoughts on what to use...  should we just
write up a simple script to do sed on those files for variables such
as varstatedir, version, rel, package, etc.?

In case you wanted to try the code regardless, here's the SVN repo

Thanks,