Hi Joseph:

For future reference, this mailing-list is for developer discussions.
For general questions, please use the ganglia-general mailing-list:

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Joseph <joseph....@sc.com> wrote:

> With this I have also installed gmond on 114 nodes separately. However, 92 of
> these nodes are able to establish connection with gmetad while the remaining
> 22
> nodes have gone "MIA". gmond is definitely running but these 22 nodes just
> simply refused to connects up with the gmetad.
>
> The gmond config setting are all the same default setting used across all
> nodes
> and the only thing I can guess of is perhaps the difference in the IP subnet?
>
> 92 nodes are on '10.192.64.XX' and '10.192.65.XX' whilst the others of the 22
> nodes are on '10.192.84.XX' and '10.192.85.XX'. If that is the case, may I
> know
> what is the solution to this?

Chances are you need to enable multicast routing between the two
subnets in your router.

Alternatively, you can configure Ganglia using unicast.

Good luck.

Cheers,