There's an O'reilly editor who's interested in publishing a ~50-page eBook
on ganglia.

I have no doubt the ganglia community would benefit from a book covering
topics like:

   - Ganglia's components and overall architecture
   - Typical deployment configurations including simple steps for verifying
   an installation (e.g. unicast/multicast, single cluster/multiple
   distributed clusters/datacenter)
   - Navigating and using the new web interface
   - Tips for extending ganglia's functionality (e.g. gmetric, modules)
   - Common integration points (e.g. Hadoop metrics, Nagios)
   - A simple step-by-step checklist for debugging common ganglia issues
   with pointers to our web site, mailing lists, irc channel, etc.
   - Supported platforms and core metrics
   - Scaling to clusters > 1000 nodes

These are just ideas off the top of my head and not meant to final or
comprehensive but meant to provide a list for discussion.  Of course, let
me know if there's topics the community would like to know more (or less)
about.  The purpose of the book is to serve as a first-read book for people
new to ganglia.  Keep in mind, for much of the book, we won't be starting
from scratch.  We already have a good amount of documentation that just
needs to be organized and edited.

I'll be happy to contribute time to make this eBook a reality; however, I
want the book authors to be the leaders and experts in the ganglia
community.  I think it best we divide and conquer and write the book as a
team.  Who is interesting in helping write the book?

-Matt