From: Matt Massie [mailto:m...@massie.us]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 4:52 PM
To: Ganglia People; Ganglia Developers
Subject: [Ganglia-developers] O'Reilly eBook on Ganglia

We're in the process of pulling together a team to write an O'Reilly eBook on
Ganglia.

Here's a rough idea of some of the topics we could cover
*  Ganglia's components and overall architecture
*  Typical deployment configurations including simple steps for verifying an
installation (e.g. unicast/multicast, single cluster/multiple distributed
clusters/datacenter)
*  Navigating and using the new web interface
*  Tips for extending ganglia's functionality (e.g. gmetric, modules)
*  Common integration points (e.g. Hadoop metrics, Nagios)
*  A simple step-by-step checklist for debugging common ganglia issues with
pointers to our web site, mailing lists, irc channel, etc.
*  Supported platforms and core metrics (e.g. Ganglia on AIX, Linux Power
systems)
*  Scaling to clusters > 1000 nodes
*  Using Ganglia in mixed environments
*  Ganglia in the enterprise
*  Development of custom modules
What are the things you would be most interested in?  Are there other topics
you'd like to see covered?

-Matt
Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011