Hi,

 after running my plain gmond for about 48 hours under valgrind control I get
the following summary:

==5428== LEAK SUMMARY:
==5428==    definitely lost: 24,804 bytes in 13 blocks
==5428==    indirectly lost: 20 bytes in 4 blocks
==5428==      possibly lost: 352,725 bytes in 141 blocks
==5428==    still reachable: 1,342,402 bytes in 2,189 blocks
==5428==         suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==5428== Reachable blocks (those to which a pointer was found) are not shown.
==5428== To see them, rerun with: --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes

 So we may have "lost" about 400 KB plus 1.3 MB of stuff that we [likely] just
fail to free on exit. Not to bad.

==5428==
==5428== For counts of detected and suppressed errors, rerun with: -v
==5428== Use --track-origins=yes to see where uninitialised values come from
==5428== ERROR SUMMARY: 97221 errors from 203 contexts (suppressed: 68 from 5)

 Those errors are kind of interesting. Most of it just comes out of Python with
no traces of ganglia code. Not sure how to track/document that in a useful way.

 I will rerun the valgrind tracing with the suggested options on a 3.3.1 gmond
for some time.

Cheers

Martin

Martin Knoblauch