On 20/03/2012 16:32, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:09:29PM +0000, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone want to sneak in any last minute changes before I tag 3.3.2
>> and make the tarball available for testing?
>
> there is already a published tag named 3.3.2, if you are not going to release
> that then it will be better if we skip that release number and aim for 3.3.3

I can see that 3.3.2 exists and there are changes since that tag too, so
it is not a good one to release.  We will not make a real 3.3.2 release
then.

3.3.3 is the new 3.3.2

> would recommend for testing you do tag it like 3.3.2pre1 or something like
> that as well.

I agree with that approach, with a slight variation - I'll tag it as
3.3.3dp1 (after adding the ChangeLog file)

I will tag the same commit as 3.3.3 if it passes QA (two tags can point
to the same commit in the world of git)