On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 01:54:27AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I've generalised it for building just about anything that works with
> git/autotools and published it here:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/p/git2dist/code/?branch=ref%2Fmaster
>
> It's had two test runs today, flactag-2.0.1 and ganglia-3.3.7

there is either a bug on it, or a misunderstanding on how ganglia's agreed
workflow [1] if this is too happen after a remote update :

  $ git branch
  * master
  $ git describe --tags
  3.3.5-20-gb98de1e

if you are going to suggest that I should be looking at the "release/3.3"
branch for the current HEAD of development or that this would be fixed by
merging that back to master sometime later (which implies 3.3 will be
abruptly EOL sometime in the future) then that should be spelled
out and documented clearly before we found ourselves with a ganglia fork
on our hands or an even bigger repository mess with duplicated commits
or even worst, lost bug fixes.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ganglia/wiki/how_project_works