On 15/07/12 20:27, Bernard Li wrote:
> Hi Daniel:
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:
>

>> I think we need to be clear about the support lifecycle for older
>> versions - I remember 3.0.x was being supported for a while when 3.1.x
>> was in use - I'm not sure if anyone has taken on 3.1.x support?
>>
> I saw Kostas on IRC and talked to him briefly about the security
> vulnerability and he mentioned that he will take a look at backporting
> fixes to 3.1.7 since that is the latest version available on EPEL.  I
> don't think he has volunteered to take over support for the entire
> branch, but will at least work on releasing updated RPMs for EPEL
> users.
>
> Hopefully he could chime in on this ;-)

I don't think there is any obligation on anyone to do this - but perhaps
it would be useful to track supported versions (and related distros) on
a wiki page so we don't duplicate any effort

e.g:

3.1.x:    Distros: Debian 6, EPEL    Updates: Kostas?    Note: security
fixes only

3.2.x:    Note: unsupported, go to 3.5.x?

3.3.x:    Note: unsupported, go to 3.5.x?

3.4.x:    Note: unsupported, go to 3.5.x?

3.5.x:    Distros: Debian 7?      Updates: ?     Note: we aim to make
this the next long-term-support version for Debian 7, EPEL

In this example, I've marked 3.[234].x as unsupported because I don't
know if any stable distro is carrying any of them - feel free to correct me