On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Rangnekar, Aswad <
aswad.rangne...@nttdata.com> wrote:

>  Hi, ****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there a way to assign multiple groups to a metric using ‘–g’ command
> line arg in “gmetric” ? I have tried using comma-delimited values.****
>
> Is there any workaround ?****
>
> ** **
>
> Example: ****
>
> gmetric -d 50 -t float -n cpu_nice -u milli second -v 5 -S
> <spoof_host>:host-0002 -g “*group1,group2*” -c /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf

As far as I know there is not support for this. If you modify the group for
a given metric after it has been created, creating it using one group &
then changing it later on for example, the metric will move to the latest
group that is specified. I haven't seen any examples of metrics existing in
multiple groups.

Aaron