Hello all,

I face the following issues with gpfs.py. I have followed all the
instructions in the Readme as follows:

1. The nodes do have modpython.so installed and other python modules work
as expected.
2. All the files gpfs.pyconf and gpfs.py are in there respective place.
3. I made sure sudoers exists with ganglia user and nopasswd to access
mmpmon
4. gmond -m does show that it is able to see gpfs metrics.
5. When i run gpfs.py like this :
'sudo -u ganglia python gpfs.py'
 I do get printed results and also respective values every 15 minutes when
i run IO on GPFS filesystems.

However i see the following issues.

1. When i start GPFS - i see the following message.
 /usr/sbin/gmond[4190]: Unable to find any metric information for
'gpfs_(.+)'. Possible that a module has not been loaded.

2. Majority of the systems on ganglia web do not show that gpfs metrics
exists, though the nodes themselves show that gpfs_* in one of there
metrics in gmond -m.

3. Some nodes show that GPFS metrics exists but do not show any values .
They are always -nan.

I have tried looking at the python module to see if there is anything
explicit, but i dont see anything wrong.

Also i tried using tcpdump on the respective ganglia port on few of the
client nodes to see if they are sending any gpfs metrics. To my surprise i
dont see any gpfs named metrics in the tcpdump.

Could anyone help me out with this issue?

Thank you,
Lohit