barry-

the C version of gmetad uses a slightly different RRD format.  when you
upgrade from the old gmetad .. you will need to start with fresh
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds directory.

# cd /var/lib/ganglia
# mv rrds rrds.old

if it's important to convert your old data to 2.5.x format... let me know.
it not trivial but it can be done.

btw, the old data format had a single DS called "ganglia".  the new format
has 2: "num" and "sum".  this newer format allows for easy calculation of
averages.

matt

Today, Barry O'Neill wrote forth saying...