I'm running into a problem using gmetric. I am trying to push the RedHat release into my metric data, but am getting the following error:
        gmond could not connect to multicast channel: Bad address

Here is the command I'm running that give the above two errors:
gmetric --mcast_channel=239.2.11.71 --mcast_port=8649 --name=redhat_release '--value=Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)' --type=string

It seems to be working on my RedHat AS2.1 machines, but doesn't work on any 7.2 system. It could just be because my AS2.1 machines are on the same network segment with my collector (the one gmond I have running not in deaf mode), but I'm not sure. The only difference in the gond config between the working and non-working systems is the multicast port and cluster name.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

--
Dan Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/