Hi Jason.

I know that multicasting is a very convenient way of sending data to multiple
recipients but I'd like some tighter control. Less network traffic is always
preferred and thought of all those nodes (maybe > 100???) multicasting really
concerns me. I'd like to designate 'collectors/concentrators' for each cluster
and instruct monitored nodes to only send their data to their specific
concentrators and nowhere else.

I've tried the mute and deaf modes but my conclusion is that currently the only
mechanism for transmitting data from gmond to gmond is multicasts.

----
Yemi