Hi There.

Our Ganglia monitoring system has been growing in size and popularity and we
would like to increase it's visibility by serving the frontend on a public web
server. So far, the frontend has only been accessible from within our intranet
or via ssh tunnel.

We are seeking approval from our web team who currently do not enable PHP on
public web servers due to security concerns. They may however make an exception
if the web pages can run under 'PHP safe_mode'. Do you think their concerns are
reasonable/justified? What experience do we have running the web frontend in
safe_mode? How much additional work (if any) is required???

----
Yemi