> error message:
>
> Jan 24 17:24:18 localhost /usr/sbin/gmetad[30443]: RRD_update
> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/production/raiden-8-db1/users.rrd): conversion
> of
> 'min,' to float not complete: tail 'min,'
>
> This seems to relate to a recent change I made that I had forgotten
> about.  :)  I added the following line to my crontab:
>
> */2 * * * * /usr/bin/gmetric --name="users" --value=`w | head -1 |
> awk '{print $6}'` --type=int16
>
> The purpose of this line is to create a graph representing the number
> of
> logged in users to the host.  it seems right to me - do any of you
> see a
> problem with this line?

 actually, on my system (FC4) your command results in:

$ w | head -1 | awk '{print $6}'
users,
$

 which is not really what you want to put into that metric :-)
Apparently yours seem to report "min," which would be "$4" on my
system. The number of users would be "$5". Maybe different versions of
"procps"?

 Hmm. Weird. Just played around with the setting of "LANG" and not the
command reports "load" instead of "users,". Really weird .....

Martin

Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de
www:   http://www.knobisoft.de