John,

I assume you have configured for multicast and the multicast address
you use does not travel outside the local subnets? That is your current
situation?

option 1 is to make a multicast address on the routers that scopes to
all
your subnets.

option 2 is to unicast to 1 or 2 nominated headnodes. It turns out
that the UDP traffic is pretty network efficient - much more so than
the XML streams. So there is little to fear wrt network loads.

kind regards,
richard

-
your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE
For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the
Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email
may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.