On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 19:47 -0400, Jose Lombera wrote:

> ERROR: opening '/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/__SummaryInfo__/mem_total.rrd':
> No such file or directory
>
> ERROR: reading the cookie
> off /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/__SummaryInfo__/load_one.rrd faild

I would try these steps.  (You have probably tried several of them
already, but since I don't know which ones you tried, I'll just list all
the ones I can think of.)

1) Check the "rrd_rootdir" option in gmetad.conf and make sure it points
to the place you want the rrd files to be written.

2) Check the permissions on that dir to make sure that gmetad can write
to it.

3) Run gmetad for a bit.  Then look in the rrd_rootdir to see if gmetad
has created the proper rrd files.  For example, make sure that every
node has a mem_total.rrd file.  If a node doesn't, this can prevent the
creation of the __SummaryInfo__/mem_total.rrd file which would result in
the error that you saw.

4) For the web frontend, make sure conf.php defines $gmetad_root and
$rrds properly.  Make sure that $rrds matches the value of rrd_rootdir
from gmetad.conf.

5) In conf.php, make sure the define("RRDTOOL", ...) line points to the
location of the correct rrdtool binary.

Hopefully one of those steps will shed some light on your problem.

--
Rick Mohr
Systems Developer