On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:40:26PM -0500, Albee, Leo wrote:
> I attempted to compile the 1.2.26 version of rrdtool for Solaris 10.

self inflicted misery.  unless you are stuck with some SPARC hardware you are
most likely better of installing your gmetad/rrdtool node with whatever
version of linux you feel more comfortable with (Sun's x86 hardware is
certified for RedHat/CentOS) and that is far better supported for this case.

don't get me wrong, no religious argument here, but as an example I am sure no
one will never install their company's Oracle database in a Dell Server
running Fedora Linux box for the same reason.

Carlo

PS. I run gmond in Solaris 8, 9 and 10 (sparc and x86) and had done my fair
share of Solaris fixes to the ganglia code to know.