On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:55:42PM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:

> It needs a temp directory to get around some issues with libconfuse.

gmond does; gmetric doesn't need anything more than to know which
channel to use (hence nothing in the includes) and it is getting
blocked by this restriction because of its use of libganglia to
read gmond's configuration through libgmond.

> To solve the problem that you are describing, we would have to actually
> add wildcard capability to libconfuse.

libconfuse is instructed to use our implementation for includes and that
uses a temporary file, so this is fixable in our code.

a fix to the problem reported by Ofer only needs our handler modified
so that failures to create temporary files to handle includes are not
treated as fatal as Committed revision 1922

Carlo