On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Jesse Becker wrote:

> You can avoid this by using unicast to specifically designated
> "collector" gmonds (then having gmetad poll those for overall status).

Or by enabling 'deaf' on machines that you don't want collecting data and are
stuck on multicast for whatever reason.

That said, gmond is probably the least burdensome metrics collection I've ever
used.. an idle machine running gmond will still list a load average of zero.
The hald that modern linux distros love to run consumes more processor.