Hi Bernard,

> How many hosts did you add at a time and did you do anything to your
> gmond collector while these hosts were coming up?

On some clusters just one or two instances are starting at one time,
on others up to four instances are added.
While all of this is going on, we don't touch the collecting gmond.
Sometimes we restart gmetad if a completely new role (like
Caching-Server) is added. But we this the weird behavior mostly in
cluster were we just start & stop instances within an existing ole.
E.g. increasing the number of web servers when the load increases.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Weiss
http://blog.innerewut.de