On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Vladimir Vuksan <vli...@veus.hr> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> It is also my understanding that currently only metrics from physical hosts
> are supported. Is it possible to add network devices that support sFlow ?
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir

Currently the Ganglia UI is host oriented, expecting a core set of
metrics to be present for each server. The current Host sFlow
implementation includes virtual machine statistics (equivalent to
libvirt performance metrics), but they are disabled by default since
there are issues with the UI since virtual machines report a limited
set of metrics:
http://blog.sflow.com/2011/07/ganglia-and-cloud-performance.html

There are additional enhancements to the Ganglia UI and data model
that would be helpful:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06319.html

Enabling sFlow metrics from network devices would have similar
problems since the metrics relate to network links rather than
servers.