How many metrics are you monitoring?  gmond must allocated memory for
each metric, from each host.  If you are using multicast, each gmond
instance will get metrics from all other instances.

If you run gmond in isolation--no traffic to/from other gmond
instances--does memory usage still go up?

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 17:10, Aidan Wong <aidanw...@attinteractive.com> wrote:
> Hi it looks like my install of gmond version 3.2.0 is leaking memory.   The
> amount of resident used memory that the process uses, gets up pretty high
> and keeps increasing.
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> root     18647  0.0  9.9 2965464 1836268 ?     Ss   Jan14  11:24
> /home/t/hadoop-ganglia-client/sbin/gmond -c
> /home/t/hadoop-ganglia-client/gmond.conf -p
> /home/t/hadoop-ganglia-client/logs/gmond.pid
>
> Is this a bug?  Can anyone suggest a solution?
>
> Thank you

Jesse Becker