Hi, dear all,

Let me illustrate what I am doing:

1. I want to use ganglia data in my own program.
2. I try to fetch mem_toal with this cmd: 'nc localhost 8651 | grep
mem_total'
3. I get a list of mem_totals in step 2. The problem is, there are 40
nodes in the cluster, but I get only 8 mem_totals, and sometimes 10, or
more.

I try to set gmetad debug_level to 10, and find:

1. All gmond send collected data to gmetad.
2. Not every gmond send mem_total, but some does.

I have tried to restart gmetad and gmond, the problem is still there.
Btw, I use multicast.

Can someone tell me why, thanks.

Jijun Gao