 From: fabian cruz <fabo...@yahoo.com.mx>
To: ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Friday, 6 July 2012 11:27 PM
Subject: [Ganglia-general] Can't import the metric module [nvidia]

Hi,

I am trying to add gpu metrics to ganglia using the python module provide by
nividia at
https://github.com/ganglia/gmond_python_modules/tree/master/gpu/nvidia

When I try to run gmond on the client node I get the following error message:

PYTHON] Can't import the metric module [nvidia].

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/ganglia/python_modules/nvidia.py", line 27, in ?
    from pynvml import *
  File "/usr/lib64/ganglia/python_modules/pynvml.py", line 32, in ?
    ##
ImportError: No module named ctypes

I am using python version 2.4:

[root@vsa038033 Python-2.7.3]# rpm -q python
python-2.4.3-27.cgvel5
[root@vsa038033 Python-2.7.3]#

According with nvidia python module documentation, I should use python version
> 2.4  so I
 installed a python 2.7 at /usr/local/python2.7 but I don't know how to tell
gmond to use this new version for the nvidia module.

Any idea?

Thanks