Douglas,

The sFlow standard includes a mechanism for periodically exporting
counters. It is these periodic counter exports that Ganglia is
processing - there is no equivalent mechanism in NetFlow. In addition,
sFlow standardizes export of counters from servers and applications -
it is these counters that Ganglia currently supports. The following
articles give examples:

http://blog.sflow.com/search/label/Ganglia

Ganglia doesn't understand "flow" data (neither sFlow's
packet/transaction samples nor NetFlow records). Ganglia's strength is
in monitoring clusters of servers - for network traffic analysis you
would be better off using tools like ntop, pmacct etc. and possibly
importing traffic summaries (such as total web traffic) into Ganglia
using gmetric or through a module.

The Host sFlow web site is the place to look for server and
application sFlow agents:

http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

The Host sFlow agent exports core server metrics and related projects
(listed on the Host sFlow web site) instrument Apache, Java etc.

http://blog.sflow.com/2012/01/host-sflow-distributed-agent.html

-Peter