------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:30:27 -0500
From: Douglas Wagner <dougla...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Modifying ganglia.
To: ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM, karthik <karthikraj.palanik...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I have built an application. I need to make ganglia monitor that
> application.
> .Can someone help me how to modify the ganglia. What are the steps
> involved in
> it?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Karthik

There is a Ganglia plugin 'procstat' which comes as standard with Ganglia.
Currently it only measures cpu usage and memory usage for itself (gmond) and
for other tasks which you can define via a regex. There are examples for apache
etc. I am using it to monitor LSF.

It should not be difficult to extend it to measure other process parameters ....

Here is the conf:

#

modules {
  module {
    name = 'procstat'
    language = 'python'

    param gmond {
      value = '/gmond/'
    }
    param res {
      value = '/res/'
    }
    param sbatchd {
      value = '/sbatchd/'
    }
    param lim {
      value = '/lim/'
    }
    param pim {
      value = '/pim/'
    }
    param melim {
      value = '/melim/'
    }
/*
    param mbatchd {
      value = '/mbatchd/'
    }
    param mbschd {
      value = '/mbschd/'
    }
    param bld {
      value = '/bld/'
    }
*/

/*
    param httpd {
      value = '/var/run/httpd.pid'
    }

    param mysqld {
      value = '/\/usr\/libexec\/mysqld/'
    }

    param splunk {
      value = '/splunkd.*start/'
    }

    param splunk-web {
      value = '/twistd.*SplunkWeb/'
    }

*/
  }
}

collection_group {
  collect_every = 1
  time_threshold = 30

  metric {
    name_match = "procstat_(.+)_cpu"
  }

  metric {
    name_match = "procstat_(.+)_mem"
  }
}

Regards

--
Paul Hewlett  X25250
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/25/rbs_natwest_what_went_wrong/

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.