Hi Kevin:

In your opinion, what would be a "fix" for this issue?

Technically this is not a bug.  We thought of setting a default value
but since this is highly dependent on the users' setup we decided to
leave it up to the users to change it.

I suppose we could add some checks during startup such that if the
user has configured gmond to run in unicast mode, the value for
send_metadata_interval needs to be non-zero.

Cheers,

Bernard