On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Ghassan Elnajjar <gelnaj...@mcvh-vcu.edu>wrote:

> I'm trying to create aggregate graphs under the "Aggregate Graphs" tab in
> ganglia web.  I am running into an issue where if I use the wild card, " *
> ", for multiple nodes that start with the same name, it produces just the
> bars with no graphs underneath.  However, if I write the complete name of
> one node, it displays the graphs correctly.  Anyone know why it's not
> working correctly for multiple nodes?  Thanks.

I believe I have observed this in the past when one host doesn't have the
metric indicated - hence an RRD for that host/metric combo is missing. I
don't believe those graphs work correctly if only some of the hosts
matching the regex have the metric being displayed. Try showing each of the
hosts that should match individually to find out which one doesn't work.
Alternatively, maybe the host regex is including a different type of host
which doesn't have an RRD for the metric you are requesting?

Aaron

--
Twitter: @anichols
Blog: http://www.opsbs.com