Hello!

Could you help us please with following issue.
We want to implement configuration below:

| (hadoop hosts) <hadoop daemons> ---> <local gmond> |  --->  | (monitoring
server) <collector gmond> ---> <gmetad + web> |

Hadoop daemons sends metrics to local gmond via udp channel. Local gmond
receives hadoop metrics and gathers metrics by itself and sends it all to
remote collector gmond. Gmetad takes metrics from collector gmond via tcp
channel (hadoop's and gathered by gmond).

But we could see following problem:
Collector gmond receive only metrics gathered by remote gmond and not
hadoop metrics.
If I connect to local gmond via netcat I could see that it has both metrics
including hadoop's and it's uptated.
But it not send it to remote gmond, I concluded it by looking into local
gmond debug output and by connecting to tcp port to both gmond to check
which metrics they have.

My question is should gmond work with such configuration like we are
expecting, we expect to see all (gmond + hadoop) metrics in the rrd and web
interface? If yes it is probably configuration issue or bug?
Or such configuration is not supported and to get things work we need to
reconfigure hadoop daemons to send metrics to collector gmond?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards
Ivan Tretyakov