The best thing I can recommend is to run rrdcache. It will offload
the disk I/O from the constant rrd file writes without the risk of
losing data like with a ramdisk.

On 2013-04-19 6:57, David Chin wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> I just got a ganglia installation installed on
RHEL6 -- ganglia 3.5.0 with ganglia-web 3.5.7.

> Things seem to be
working fine, except that I get intermittent gaps in the data. My
installation is private, but you can see a similar thing here at
SURFsara's installation in the month view:

https://ganglia.surfsara.nl/?r=month&cs=&ce=&m=load_one&s=by+name&c=LISA+Cluster&h=&host_regex=&max_graphs=0&tab=m&vn=&sh=1&z=small&hc=4
[3]

> In a previous installation, I was able to get around this by
using a RAM filesystem. However, the amount of data now precludes me
from doing it. (Previously, the RRD data only took up about 2GB, and
it's now about 25GB.)

> I also get spurious spikes, where it looks
like the data goes to MAX_FLOAT or something like that.

> I was
wondering if anyone has seen either of these behaviors, and if they have
suggestions for dealing with them.

> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> --
> David
Chin, Ph.D.
> chi...@wfu.edu High Performance Computing Systems
Analyst
> Office: +1.336.758.2964 Wake Forest University
> Mobile:
+1.336.608.0793 Winston-Salem, NC
Google Talk: chi...@wfu.edu
> Web: http://users.wfu.edu/chindw/ [4]
http://linuxfollies.blogspot.com/ [5]

https://plus.google.com/108169173177119739731/about [6]

analytics on semi-structured data. The platform includes APIs for
building
> apps and a phenomenal toolset for data science. Developers
can use
> our toolset for easy data analysis & visualization. Get a free
account!
[1]

Dan Rich <dr...@employees.org>
http://www.employees.org/~drich/ [7]

"Step up to red alert!" "Are you sure, sir?
 It means changing the bulb
in the sign..."
 - Red Dwarf (BBC)

Links: