Hi! I was looking over the ganglia wishlist (which i think should be
updated as there are solved items) and the named rrd directory item
picked my attention as this was a problem of mine ...
I was wondering why for the servers (where gmond can run) is not used
dmidecode -s system-uuid ...
it is true that dmidecode package would become an requirement ..
(and gmetric should take as first argument an uuid)

The second item is from personal wishlist : is it possible to have
another storage backend beside rrds? i use another monitoring tool
called MonaLisa (written in java) which stores the data in postgres
tables and it is doing it very efficient ...

As far i seen the data is storage by creating time series for each
metric for each host from each cluster_id ...
Wouldn't be possible to make in postgres tables with time_stamp,metric
pairs for each host (UUID) and a table with host_uuid,cluster_id pair?

Another thing i was wondering : why gmetad do data processing? (like
summaries) naively (i dont have much experience) i would think that it
be useful to have a clear separation (gmond is a message passing
instrument, gmetad is a storage (only) data instrument and the gweb
should process and present/publish the data)...

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks a lot for patience!
Adrian