Dekel Tsur wrote:

> I think that MuPAD is not open source.
> 
> There is also Maxima: http://www.ma.utexas.edu/maxima.html
> 
> > > YACAS is the only one I know about:
> > > http://www.xs4all.nl/~apinkus/yacas.html
> >
> > Does this export LaTeX? We need to get back the results somehow.
> >
> > Adding another "output format" is pretty straightforward. Just look at
> > the math_*.inset.C how  MathML, Maple and Octave are handled. It's more or
> > less a borin^H^H^H^H job for somehow who wants to get involved with Mathed
> 
> Do you still think that supporting the different programs in the mathed code
> (and not by external scripts) is a good idea ? (Although I agree that
> the number of program that we need to support is quite small, so it is not
> much of a problem to maintain the code).
But wouldn't the external scripting option avoid the open source issue?
It could also serve the music problem.
Garst


Reply via email to